Homemade pepperoni bread? Yes, please! This is my personal favorite pepperoni bread recipe I have made. My husband and I just made some and I thought, I just have to share this recipe! It is just too good to keep to myself. 😉
You will need the following ingredients:
– 1 loaf (1 pound) of frozen white bread dough, thawed
– 1 cup sandwich pepperoni slices (most times I use a bit more)
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (and or provolone slices or hot pepper jack cheese slices if you like some spice!)
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– A light sprinkle of Garlic Powder to taste
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
– Nonstick spray
1. Spray a large bowl and frozen bread loaf with nonstick spray. Put frozen bread loaf in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, allow to rise for about 8 hours in refrigerator.
2. Once your bread has risen, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Place thawed dough on a cookie sheet lightly shape into a rectangle. (I use a Pampered Chef large bar pan. It is perfect for catching the yummy drippings as your bread bakes. if you use a metal cookie sheet, use parchment paper to help with easy clean up.)
4. In a small bowl, combine melted butter with seasonings. Brush mixture on to dough, reserving a small amount to brush to top later. (get creative use any seasoning you love)
5. Layout pepperoni into rows then top with cheese.
6. Fold your dough. I love to tri-fold my dough then tuck under ends. You can roll if you wish. Keep in mind it rises while baking.
7. Cut six 1 inch slits into the top, baste with remaining butter. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes and golden brown